Torch: Center of the city

The St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Lake City has always been an important place in the town since it was built. According to the church’s website, the first Catholic church to be built in Lake City was in 1866 on Center Street. Eventually it was deemed to be moved closer to town, so the church was moved to the corner of Prairie and Lyon Avenue. It was then converted into a parish school.

 


Want to read the full article? Full access to lakecitygraphic.com is only $52 per year. Print subscriptions are $58 for Wabasha and Goodhue county residents and $80 anywhere else in the continental U.S. To begin, click here. Already a subscriber? Log in or request an account below.

User login

The Lake City Graphic

graphic@lakecitygraphic.com
Ph: 651-345-3316 (M-F 8am-4pm)
Fax: 651-345-4200
P.O. Box 469
111 South 8th Street
Lake City, MN 55041

ISSN 2994-1059 (print)  ISSN 2994-1067 (online)